Bowen Island, BC, Canada
September 4th-14th 2022
Pelvic diaphragm Bodywork can be a crucial component of woman’s health. The holistic and medical benefits are often transformative. This 200-hour training program is designed to give participants the knowledge and practice to provide professional pelvic diaphragm, abdominal and genital bodywork on women.
After finishing this women-only training, practitioners will be able to apply bodywork solutions to support woman in healing from issues such as pelvic diaphragm dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, neuralgia, constipation, ovarian cysts, vulvodynia and many more.
The approach to this training is based on Integrative Karsai Nei Tsang and gynaecological massage with elements of myofascial therapy and kinesiotherapy – a powerful fusion of traditional Taoist wisdom and modern therapeutic techniques.
About the training
This 200-hour training has been updated to provide increased preparation before the in-person intensive, and supervision after. It involves 6 weeks of online study with weekly Zoom calls, 10 days (plus a one-day break midway) of group learning in person in a resort on Bowen Island, and 20 supervised case study practice sessions. There are no prerequisites, but we follow an admission process based on an application and potentially an interview. A detailed list of topics covered is available upon request.
The online material (text, visuals and videos) covers in-depth anatomy, pathologies and bodywork techniques for the abdomen, breasts, genitals, and ano-rectal region. We also explore phases of life, like menstrual cycles, hormonal changes, pregnancy and birth, and menopause. Table of contents below. Weekly group Zoom sessions, plus online discussion forums, provide opportunities to ask questions about the material, share perspectives and deepen the learning. First Zoom call is on July 23rd at 9am Pacific time, and every Saturday morning until the training.
The in-person component involves demos and exercises eight hours a day, where students practice on each other with guidance and supervision. Each day begins with a group yoga practice geared towards pelvic work and hip opening, followed by breakfast and classes. The schedule is 7:00-18:00, including a lunch break. Classes will be held September 4th at 8:00 with breakfast and finish on Sept. 14th at 18:00, but will be followed with dinner. September 9th is a day off.
After the in-person training, students are to work with 10 clients for a minimum of two sessions each, within one year of course completion. The 20 written reports will be reviewed and commented on to further integrate the learnings.
• The in-person portion of the training is residential. You will be hosted at a beautiful resort on Bowen Island, British Columbia. The package includes 3 meals every day, plus breakfast on the departing morning. Rooms are shared accommodation on site. Please inform us of any special requirements or allergies on the admission form.
Please arrive at the resort on Sept. 3rd in the evening. You can also stay the night of Sept. 14th at the resort.
• The training investment is $4000cad.
• You may secure your spot with an $1000 deposit before you start the online portion. However, class size is limited to 18 participants. Final course fees are to be paid before the first day of in-person training.
• Special payment arrangements can be made upon request.
• If you haven’t received a session from Martin, please consider getting one in the days before the training. It will improve your work.
• Certification for Women's Pelvic Floor Professional Training will be awarded to students with full participation who pass the theoretical and practical exams and the supervised case studies.
About the teachers:
I have a PhD in Linguistics and have been exploring the healing power of bodywork for decades. I'm trained in various modalities, including Craniosacral, Structural/Myofascial Release, Neurokinetic Therapy, Chi Nei Tsang, Karsai Nei Tsang, Thai, Stretching Therapy (AIS & Ki-Hara), Foot Reflexology, Tantric Yoni Massage, and Reiki, and have completed a 200-hour Yoga Alignment Teacher Training. I decided to dedicate my focus to woman’s health and bodywork, because i feel they are underserved by the current available (para-)medical systems. I live between Thailand, Bali, and British Columbia, Canada and offer private sessions and training in many other countries as well.