Women's 200hr Professional Pelvic Floor Bodywork Training
August 1st - 11th 2022
Pelvic Floor Bodywork can be a crucial component of woman’s health. The holistic and medical benefits are often transformative. This 200-hour training program is designed to give participants the knowledge and practice to provide professional pelvic diaphragm, abdominal and genital bodywork on women.
After finishing this training, practitioners will be able to apply bodywork solutions to support woman in healing from issues such as pelvic floor dysfunction, pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, neuralgia, constipation, ovarian cysts, vulvodynia and many more.
The approach to this training is based on myofascial therapy with elements of Karsai nei tsang and gynaecological massage – a powerful fusion of traditional Taoist wisdom and modern therapeutic techniques.
About the training
This 200-hour training has been updated to provide increased preparation before the in-person intensive, and supervision after. It is open to anyone with a vagina, regardless of your identity. It involves 6 weeks of online study with weekly Zoom calls, 10 days (4 days on, one day off, 4 days on, one more day off, 2 days on) of group learning in person in Berlin, and 20 supervised case study practice sessions. There are no prerequisites, but we follow an admission process based on an application and potentially an interview. A detailed list of topics covered is available upon request.
The online material (text, visuals and videos) covers in-depth anatomy, pathologies and bodywork techniques for the abdomen, breasts, genitals, and ano-rectal region. We also explore phases of life, like menstrual cycles, hormonal changes, pregnancy and birth, and menopause. Table of contents below. Weekly group Zoom sessions, plus online discussion forums, provide opportunities to ask questions about the material, share perspectives and deepen the learning. It is essential that you study all the online material before the in-person training.
The in-person component involves demos and exercises eight hours a day, where students practice on each other with guidance and supervision. Each day begins with a group yoga practice geared towards pelvic work and hip opening, followed by breakfast and classes. The schedule is 7:00-18:00, including a lunch break. Classes will start August 1st at 8:00 with breakfast and finish on August 11th at 18:00, but will be followed with dinner. June 10th and 15th are days off. Breakfasts are provided. The training will be held in a large flat in Reinickendorf, and is non-residential.
After the in-person training, students are to work with 10 clients for a minimum of two sessions each, within one year of course completion. The 20 written reports will be reviewed and commented on to further integrate the learnings.
• The training fees is €3000. €500 discount if deposit fully paid before February 15th.
• Returning students who did the former 100hr program (Women's pelvic floor certified bodywork training) receive a €1000 discount from training fees.
• You may secure your spot with an €1500 deposit before March 15th. Final course fees are to be paid before the first day of in-person training by bank transfer. Early registration gives you early access to online material for extra study time (there is a ton of material to study), and to zoom calls every Saturday discussing various topics starting April 25th.
• Special payment arrangements can be made upon request.
• Deposit non refundable. Training fees non reimbursable after the beginning of the in-person portion.
• If you haven’t received a session from me before, please consider getting one in the days before the training. It will improve your work (and may change your life! lol!) I will be in the area a few days ahead of the training.
• Certification for Women's Pelvic Floor Professional Training will be awarded to students with full participation who pass the theoretical and practical exams and the supervised case studies.
• Location of training: Berlin, Germany.
About the teacher:
Martin Beaudoin has a PhD in Linguistics and has been exploring the healing power of bodywork for decades. He is further trained in various modalities, including Craniosacral, Structural/Myofascial Release, Neurokinetic Therapy, Swedish, Chi Nei Tsang, Karsai Nei Tsang, Thai, Stretching Therapy (AIS & Ki-Hara), Foot Reflexology, Tantric Yoni Massage, and Reiki. He has completed a 200-hour Yoga Alignment Teacher Training. Martin has dedicated his focus to woman’s health and bodywork, as he feels they are underserved by the current available (para-)medical systems. He lives between Thailand, Berlin, and British Columbia, and offers private sessions and training in many other countries as well.